Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is not a joke. Repeat, not a joke

If I had grown up anywhere except for Oklahoma, then I might have thought a story on the evening news last night was a joke. And to be sure, it is the very reason that people in more progressive parts of our country legitimately ask me if it is still like the cowboys and Indians days where people ride on horses, etc.

I looked up from the computer during the 10'o-clock news last night and there was a man dressed to the 9's in his full Indian garb talking about how he wanted to halt construction because they were encroaching on an ancient medicinal land for the tribe he belongs to. Headfeathers, beaded breastplate, decorated war stick. I am not kidding, I thought if I were someone from NYC and I happened to be in OKC and I happened to turn on the news, I would probably not believe what I was seeing on the news. It was almost an out of body experience watching it. Heck, and I grew up with this stuff. Heck, and I'm Indian (Native American).

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait....is this a joke? I was thinking that this was a joke but then I got confused because your post title was, "This is not a joke. Repeat, not a joke." Help me out. Is this supposed to be a joke or not? It is actually a little unclear. While the content of the post was humorous and very joke-like, the post title corrected my assumptions and made me think - hey, maybe this isn't a joke after all. "So, is it not supposed to be funny?" I asked myself. So I read it again. But yet again, I laughed. It was funny and contained jokishness. But then again, the title threw me off. Help us out, Brerah. Is this a joke or not?

 
At 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home